cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon maxify mb2320 wont stop power cycling

compassion
Apprentice

Hello all,

First I want to say thank you for taking the time to read this message, it means a lot to me.

My question was for my Canon Maxify Mb2320. A week ago it was working fine, now when I start it, it will not stop power cycling. Once you press 'On' it does indeed come on, after pressing the 'On' it will shuffle one paper, do some stuff and then turn off and rinse and repeat. It will continue to do this as long as it plugged in, even for 30 minutes... etc.

I was also curious if a hard reset might help, how might I do that?

Thank you

Sonam Tashi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Danny

Hi!  We've released a firmware update to take care of this issue. Learn more now by clicking HERE.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

ladyinred
Contributor

you are not alone in this situation.  There are several other posts regarding the constant power cycling.  

Canon Maxify MB2320

Printer started power cycling when Canon screwed everyone else this past weekend.  I took the DNS "Fix" and instead of doing all of the steps I only....

1. Unplugged the printer
  2. Unplugged the modem ethernet from the router (You could also turn off router)
  3. Plugged in the printer, it turned on by itself, cycled and finally brought me to the menu without shutting off
  4. Plugged the modem ethernet back into the router
  5. Test printed from the PC, worked
  6. Test print from mobile, worked
  7. So far, so good

Printer bought in 02.2015 and have never installed a firmware update and whatever Canon did this weekend, it still affected mine

yangym
Contributor

Here is the fix everyone! Thanks italolima

Canon DNS error, need fixed ASAP.

MX490 power cycling fix from user on forum SPREAD THE WORD!
My printer is a Canon Maxify MB2010. This problem that you are experiencing is because of DNS.
https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Desktop-Inkjet-Printers/MX490-power-cycling-fix-from-user-on-foru...

MX490 power cycling fix from user on forum SPREAD THE WORD!
jperez739, Apprentice 05-31-2022 09:11 PM

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Desktop-Inkjet-Printers/MX-490-continuous-power-cycling/m-p/37336...

its a work around, not a fix.  

bardellcm
Apprentice

My Maxify MB5020 has also started to cycle continuously.  It is an older model, but was working great.  I cannot get the main screen because the printer continuously cycles.  So frustrating,......of course Canon discontinued, so there is no support available.  Hopefully they have a patch soon.....ugh!

Danny

Hi!  We've released a firmware update to take care of this issue. Learn more now by clicking HERE.

Hope this helps!

What about the MB5050? I dont see a fix for this one...

We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market. The MAXIFY MB5050 is not supported through Canon USA. Please click HERE and select your region for support.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements