cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon imageCLASS MF733Cdw: Display Not Consistently Responsive to Touch.

dexman335
Rising Star
Rising Star

My church's 733 (which serves as a backup to the office's Kyocera commercial grade all in one) has, since day #1 had had a very finicky touch display.

For whatever reason, touches are not being consistently registered. This can be particularly annoying due to my having activated User IDs and Account Codes.

I've tried the usual steps, long term power cycle & factory default with no success. The machine is fully updated.

I've scanned for prior posts concerning this topic and found one: Solved: Touch screen hard to use - Canon Community

Unfortunately, the only reply was to call Canon Support and that was marked as the solution.

Does anyone know what the actual resolution to the problem is? Was there a batch of defective displays? Does the display need to be replaced? Is the machine....despite functioning perfectly otherwise....a total loss?

I personally own an imageCLASS MF743 and the display is much more responsive than my church's 733.

Thank you for any assistance! Smiley Happy

2 REPLIES 2

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Dexman335,

If the touch screen is not responding and it is sporadic, it could be caused a loose connection on the display or a lack of input. The touchscreen can miss input if the skin on your hands are dry or if your hand are cold. When the touchscreen is not responding, you can try warming your hands or making sure your hands are not too dry.

If that does not resolve the issue, it would mean the printer needs service. you can use the link HERE to check your My Canon account to see what service options are available.

I'm fairly certain that the problem isn't related to the conditions of my hand/finger because this problem is NOT being displayed by my personal imageCLASS MF743...which uses either the exact same display or one that is very similar.

If the printer needs to be serviced, it was in that condition since the day it was unboxed and set-up.

My suspicion is that a run of the displays used for the 731,733,735,741,743,745 etc...had a defect.

When I called in to check on the status of a toner refill order that was placed with Canon, I inquired about the display issue. The rep said that some parts can be ordered from Canon, but, he stopped short of stating if replacing the display is something that the end user can do.

Announcements