cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon c3715 - SMTP - Scan to email not working

BumblebeeTuna
Apprentice

Good day, 

I have trouble getting the printer to send the scanned documents to an email address. 

I have set up the SMTP with office as that is the service we have at my office:

smtp.office365.com 

port 587

I have turned TLS on. 

For the setup I have both done a mail address that exists and one with the domain name as printer@domain.com. 

It doesn't make a difference to theTX REPORT that is printed every time I try to scan to email. 

The print has the following:

Job NO. 

St. time

Sheets 

File name

TX INCOMPLETE ---- 

TRANSACTION OK ----

ERROR email@domain.com 

It looks like it is sending, and then before it proceeds to print the TX REPORT it says Check server but it never gives me a error code number or anything to go off. I am not sure what I am doing wrong, I've looked at many other cases and no one seems to be having the specific issue. 

So I ask for the help of people on the internet now, I am not very well versed in printers so it might be something obvious I am doing wrong, sorry and thanks in advance for any input! 

1 REPLY 1

Porcha
Rising Star

Hi,

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation, however, we need to let you know that the Canon Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, to go: https://global.canon and select your country or region for your support needs.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Announcements