cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Printer on Network but not communicating with any devices

tamicane
Apprentice

My Mac and Windows devices are not able to see my printer all of a sudden. I see it on my home network listed but I am not able to connect to print. My mac and iphone is completely up to date. Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4

Tiffany

Welcome to the Canon forum!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know what model Canon 
equipment you are using. Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.  If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE

Thank you!

Canon Maxify MB2320

Hello Tamicane,

If the printer is connected to your router but, the other device on the network are unable to reach the printer, it looks like a drop in network communication. You can try unplugging the router from the power for 5 seconds and then plugging it back in. once the network is back up, you can try printing again to see if the computer can reach the printer. 

We would be happy to assist further with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance.

1. What version of the Mac operating system are you using on your computer?
  2. When you try to print, do you get an error? If so, what error do you get?

For a more immediate resolution to the issue, you can also contact our support team at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to help.

tamicane
Apprentice

This issue is happening again. It definitely wasn’t a router issue. Canon support called me and walked me through the steps but I didn’t write it down and now the issue is back again! Running Catalina 10.15 and all driver and software is up to date. Why does this keep happening?!

Announcements