cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Maxify MB2720 - Ink Levels with a Question Mark?

trproperty
Apprentice

I can't change the cartridges because there isn't a way to move them to the front without the machine actually knowing they're empty, right? So...now my machine is stuck and I can't really print anything on it. How do I fix this? Is anyone else in this spot?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

xmen
Apprentice

In the meantime I found a solution to the problem. 

Check this video on how to remove the inkt-tanks : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVLrSWHgkM8

removing all the inkt tanks. Powering on the machine and reinstalling them with the wizzard, solved my problem.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Trproperty,

If the ink tank has a question mark on it, it will mean the tank is malfunctioning and the printer can't detect the current ink level. The Maxify printer will not move the ink to the changing position unless the printer detects that the ink is empty.

In this situation, you can try deep cleaning the black ink until the ink starts to flow again or the level for the black ink reads as empty. If you are using a third party ink tank, the tank could be the issue and you can check with the company that made the tank to see how to manually remove it.

I have the same problem here ...

Deep cleaning the nozzle's did not help.

I'm stuck with an unusable printer. 

Hector did you re-read what you actually wrote ?  " check with the company that made the tank to see how to manually remove it" -> it is not the tank keeping itself in the printer. It is the printer offering no possibility to release the ink tank. 

xmen
Apprentice

In the meantime I found a solution to the problem. 

Check this video on how to remove the inkt-tanks : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVLrSWHgkM8

removing all the inkt tanks. Powering on the machine and reinstalling them with the wizzard, solved my problem.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Nice work around. 👍 Turn the gear to release and eject one by one.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements