cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Maxify MB2720 Ink Cartridge Change

Sandyw100
Apprentice

My black ink is streaky, i would like to change the cartridge, but the printer will not allow it.  How do I make the printer recognize that the cartridge needs to be replaced?

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Sandyw100,

The MAXIFY MB2720 will not allow for the ink to be replaced until that ink tank is empty.

In regards to streaky printing, please perform a printhead cleaning:

1.  Please press the Home button on your MAXIFY MB2720

2.  Swipe the screen and then tap the wrench and screwdriver icon

3.  Select Maintenance

4.  Select Cleaning

5.  Select Yes to clean the printhead

6.  Select Yes to print a Nozzle Check

If the results are still streaky, please clean the encoder/timing strip:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART168472

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

rwdrtaylor
Apprentice

I have a similar situation except the Blue jet is completely clogged.  Cleaning, Deep Cleaning, Alignment, etc. won’t fix it.  The ink won’t run out because its clogged - how can I replace the cartridge without it being empty?

Hello Rwdrtaylor,

If the cyan is not printing properly, it could be caused by the ink tank or by the nozzles in the print head. With the Maxify series, the ink will not move to the changing position until the printer detects that the tank is empty. You can try continuing the cleaning until the level is low enough to replace the tank. If the ink tank shows a ? for the ink level, it would usually point to a problem with the tank or a problem with the hardware.

If you are using a third party tank, it could be what is causing the issue, some third party tanks can cause ink flow issues. If the ink is not flowing properly, it can cause ink level detection issues or streaking in the prints. You can check with the ink provider if that's the case to see if they have any options to remove the tank.

Announcements