cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MF743Cdw suspends each print job

rhh
Apprentice

Hi, I’m new to this community and have looked to see if my issue has come up before, but I don’t see anything similar posted. I am re-posting this request as a new thread; I mistakenly posted it originally at the tail end of another discussion. Here goes. . .

I have a new MF743cdw printer that is connected wirelessly to my network and I use Windows laptops. I’m able to send print jobs to the printer which wakes up from sleep mode, the Data Indicator lights up and the Error Indicator lights up. The print job is suspended; the manual feed tray is highlighted in red, and I'll get a message on the panel to load paper. But when I select the paper tray, the job will print fine. I’ve tried to set the paper tray as the default paper source but that's not solving the problem. I cannot figure out what setting is causing all my print jobs to be suspended until I go over to the printer and manually select the paper tray.

Thanks,

Rich

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

tommyd20
Apprentice
I have same issue, every job stops until I select paper/tray manually. Two settings to Fix, this worked for me:
First, go to Menu--Function Settings--Printer--Printer Settings--Default Paper: set to your usual paper (mine is"LTR/Plain1". Then from Home screen go to "Paper Settings" for tray 1, set to same paper, mine is "LTR/Plain1" . That worked after much frustration. Good Luck.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

There are 2 places where the default paper tray/type can be set.  One is on the printer, the other is in the print driver.

Based on your description, it sounds like you have the default set to something other that what the printer expetcs, so the job fails and suspends when the printer is unable to find/use the expected tray/paper type..

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

tommyd20
Apprentice
I have same issue, every job stops until I select paper/tray manually. Two settings to Fix, this worked for me:
First, go to Menu--Function Settings--Printer--Printer Settings--Default Paper: set to your usual paper (mine is"LTR/Plain1". Then from Home screen go to "Paper Settings" for tray 1, set to same paper, mine is "LTR/Plain1" . That worked after much frustration. Good Luck.

Thanks very much! I had mine set to "LTR/Plain 2". Setting the Tray to "LTR/Plain 1" did the trick.

Next thing to set up and get working is scanning!

Rich

(also SF Bay Area)

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello rhh,

I'm glad to hear that you were able to resolve that tray selection issue. To setup the scanner, you can download and install the scanner driver to your computer. When the install is complete, you will have our MF Toolbox scanner software and that will allow you to scan. You can locate the scanner driver software on our website using the link HERE. If using Windows, you will want the MFdriver download under recommended. If using Mac, you will want the Scanner driver and Utilities download.

Many thanks!

Saved me may painfull hours.

Announcements