cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MF743CDW Prints 1 page then stops and does not print until I re-install drivers

aslonopas
Apprentice

Hello,

My CANON MF743CDW will print one job. I then pick new jobs to print and nothing will happen until I re-install the driver. Once I re-install the driver it prints again until I load a new job.

I am using MS Windows 10.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greeetings,

This is very obscure behavior.

How is the printer connected, and to what?

What application are you printing from?

Does the behavior happen when printing from all applicaions, or just one, etc?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hello, 

The printer is connected on my home network. I connected everything to include my iphone, android, and computer (Windows 10) to the printer. This behavior seems to be the same from all applications. 

Also, not sure if this is a coincidence, but seems like after the android failed to print, this issue surfaced. I also installed all of the updates on my Windows recently, maybe that is also what caused the issue? Idk. 

Please help.

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Aslonopas,

If the computer and the printer stop responding after one print and you need to reinstall to continue printing, It looks like there is something blocking the print job on the computer or there is a problem with the spooler service.

If you can reconnect and send a print, the printer's network connection should be fine, otherwise a reinstall would be unable to reconnect and send another job. Instead of trying a reinstall, you can try restarting the spooler service on the computer to see if you can print again.

1. You can press the Windows key and the letter R key at the same time on your keyboard. In the run box that appears, you can type in services.msc and click OK.
  2. In the list of services, scroll through and highlight the print spooler service.
  3. Click on the option for restart in the upper left hand corner of the window.

Once the spooler has been restarted, you can try another print to see if the printer starts to respond.

If the jobs does not respond or if it just prints one more page and the issue comes back, you can try turning off any of the security software on the computer to see if you are able to print without any problems.

If you continue to have issues, I would suggest contacting our support team for assistance at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to look further into it for you to see what might be causing the issue.

Announcements