cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MF743CDW - No Longer Can Scan via Canon MF Scan Utility

brbeck
Apprentice

I am trying to scan via the Canon MF Scan Utility on Mac OS 13.0.1 using Scanner Driver & Utilities for Mac V2.15.11 [macOS 10.12.6 - macOS 13.0.1].  I had it working in the past.  I am able to scan from the bed via the Apple "Printers and Scanners" in System Settings. I am also able to use the Scan Utility on a Windows machine.  I believe the problem is the Scanner is shown as "Canon MF741/743" in the Canon MF Scan Utility, but in the "MF Toolbox - Network Scanner", it is not listed.  When I go to add a scanner, nothing shows up via Bonjour.  When I try to connect via IP, I get an error dialog saying "The specified scanner is not supported".  I can print to the printer, scan from the Apple UI (as noted above), and ping the printer.  It looks like some sort of config issue.  Any thoughts?

3 REPLIES 3

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Brbeck,

The MF743 will use the MF scan utility and not the MF toolbox to control the scanner. It is normal for the 743 to not appear in the tool box, that utility will work with other models that are part of the installer. We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance. For a more immediate resolution, you can contact support over the phone at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to help.

1. Did the issue begin after the update to Mac OS 13?
  2. When you try to scan using the MF Scan Utility, do you get any specific errors when you open the program or start a scan? If so, what errors/problems do you run into?

I have same issue once I bought new computer running windows 11.  unable to install the scan utility driver.  I can print but cant scan to computer. can only scan to USB drive

i have same issue I get the scanner driver supporting this software is not installed.

Announcements