cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MF733 CDW

dykris00
Contributor

Hi, 

I am having troubles with my Printer after the update from Apple OS Catalina. My printer still prints to a certain degree. It does not print properly. I have printed both on the web browser using Safari and Chrome, and both cannot print any QR codes. This is the outcome of the QR code for a printout of any Insurance Identification Card:

Screen Shot 2020-01-20 at 8.29.29 PM.png

It also cannot have a proper aposthope on any sentences. This was printed when the file was saved as a PDF first, image also below:

Screen Shot 2020-01-20 at 8.29.37 PM.png 

I have update all the firmware for my printer on my computer and the physical printer itself. I alse remove the files and re-installed all the local directly on my mac from its "library/printer..." sub folders. 

Apple representative claims that this is a problem from Canon Company itself, not from them. Canon can say the same that the current Operating system undoubtedly cause this problem; since they claim that the previous Operating system and their compatability chart indicate that this should not occur. 

This is a normal case of, toss that hot potato to someone else. 

I am running out of time, and perhaps my sanity to listen to the same scripted excuse over and over. I do not believe i could be the only individual with this very distinct problem. 

FYI: QR code should lool like this when printed propely. 

Screen Shot 2020-01-20 at 8.49.03 PM.png

7 REPLIES 7

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

There are the installers for OS Catalina

MF Drivers and Utilities

Scanner Drivers

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

dykris00
Contributor
Like i have mentioned above. I have installed, re-installed and Un-installed the drives. Not in those order.

dykris00
Contributor
I wouldnt just waste peoples time in here without doing my due diligence to fix the issue

Hi,

No one is implying you are wasting anyone's time here.

When people say they have uninstalled and reinstalled their drivers, we find that in many cases they are not using the latest or correct drivers for their OS.  

Do you have another language installed on your machine?  Or is it possible that the font used in the PDF document isn't installed on your device.

Just trying to gather more info about your issue.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi Shadow, 

I mentioned above that i have deleted all the files in the "Library/Printer..." folders. Erase the information also in the System Preference and have basically remove all the printers in that section also. Reboot computer. The whole re-install. All drivers are current provided by Canon itself on the applicable website. 

Since this is an OS from Apple. They are also where scratching their heads. They have gone and collected a bunch of more information remotely. It will take time to answer all applicable questions to this issue. 

Also, the drivers and OS are both 64bit. I have check that on my end also, if the installed drivers where outdate or even a 32 bit, thus could cause any issues. 

For any issues with regards to me saying or you getting the wrong impressions of me saying wasting people time. I am very meticulous. I didnt mean to offend anyone. It was a statement. Not an insult. 

Hi dykris00.

The inability to print an apostrophe correctly points toward the issue being with encoding in the document, and/or language settings both on the PC and in the program: essentially a problem with Fonts. Such a problem, where the data is in one font and the computer is force-interpreting the information as a second font, generally occurs before the data reaches the printer driver.  It would explain both the apostrophe changing, as well as the inability to print the QR code (it doesn't comprehend the QR code "font" data).

If there is a problem with the driver, ensure you're manually selecting the Canon-produced drivers in Use drop-down of the Add New Printer or Scanner window.  The default for printers often are Bonjour/Airprint drivers, and manually selecting the Canon-produced drivers may resolve some of these issues.  If that doesn't correct the problem, the soluttion will be found somewhere in the font/language data on the computer, or in the program from which you're printing.

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please contact us using the numbers and information at http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Darius, 

Thank you for your advice. I have done majority of what your mention before posting this. I am not implying you might be wrong. 

It is highly that it is with the Operating System itself (OSX Catalina). The printer works fine from printing using and Android Cellphone. Using an Iphone results in the same problems as from printing using the Mac either from an internet browser or a saved PDF version of the document in question. 

From the default printer you mention, i did removed it at first. Then, added it manually to select the Drivers from Canon Directly instead of just trusting Bonjour. That didnt work. 

I have check about the Font, and language setting. That should not be the case, but i will check it out this weekend when i have time. My Hypothesis is that it wouldnt be the case, since it printed fairly well without problems from the Previous Operating System (OSX Mojave). 

Announcements