cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MF726 Cdw keeps jamming.

Jgilhespy
Apprentice

A few weeks ago, our business printer started jamming.

How it does it is really weird. The paper goes through the rollers, gets to where it sticks out into the tray, and locks up at the bottom of the back of the printer.

The paper is basically stretched across the whole back of the printer and peeking out to where it is supposed to be deposited. What's more, the printer successfully prints whatever you need it to onto that first page. (But, if there is a fax coming in, forget getting the whole thing. It only prints the first page and locks up.)

I can't use the printer like this. Each time it prints, it locks up, and I have to manually remove the paper. I can copy things, but it's a horrible inconvenience to have to manually pull the paper out each time. (and I have to cancel the copy after I feed it out of the printer, because it registers as not printed because it jammed).

Worse off, if I leave the printer off for a period of time (of decent length), it'll print normally for a few pages, and then it starts jamming again.

I've tried replacing the cartridge, vacuuming out the printer, restarting it, replacing the paper I'm using... There is something wrong with this printer, and I really don't have the funds to just replace it.

I need this fixed. I need it fixed soon, because I need this copier for my office to work efficiently. Someone help.

1 REPLY 1

Patrice
Whiz

Hi Jgilhespy.

For assistance with this issue, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). A representative will be able to further assist you.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements