cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MF644cdw "quality settings" menu

ec8080
Apprentice

Hi, I recently bought a Canon imageCLASS MF644cdw color laser printer.

I have installed all the drivers and software. I am on my macbook and I go to print out an image. In the "quality" subsection there is a button for "quality settings". I click it and there is a large menu for all these difference options and I have no idea what any of them mean. I would really appreciate if someone could explain each one of these in detail and how each option for each choice will affect the final print. I am looking to print very high resolution, colored images.

I have attached the screenshot of the menu I am talking about for reference. I am not only looking to find the meaning of each menu option, but the meaning of each choice for each menu option (for example what does the "resolution" choice for "halftones" do as well as pattern 1 through 6 each also under "halftones").

Thank you so much!

Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 12.50.36 PM.png

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Your manual is a great place to start:

Canon - imageCLASS MF746Cdw / MF745Cdw / MF743Cdw / MF741Cdw / MF644Cdw / MF642Cdw / MF641Cw - User'...

In this example, I searched for "Halftones" and got this result:

<Printer> - Canon - imageCLASS MF746Cdw / MF745Cdw / MF743Cdw / MF741Cdw / MF644Cdw / MF642Cdw / MF6...

and here...  Toner Save...  Toner Density:

<Printer> - Canon - imageCLASS MF746Cdw / MF745Cdw / MF743Cdw / MF741Cdw / MF644Cdw / MF642Cdw / MF6...

The manual is searchable.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Ec8080,

When printing color images the main settings you wuold be adjusting would be the Resoulution, the Gradation and the density fine adjustment. You can view all of the quality settings and their description using the link provided HERE.

If you are runnng into any issues with your print quality or would like suggestions for printing on any specific type of paper, feel free to contact our support team at 1-800-652-2666. our agents would be happy to help.

Announcements