cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MF644Cdw multi-tray won't take priority over drawer 1

PMIMG
Apprentice

Prior if I put paper or envelop into the multi-tray then print it would use the multi-tray to print regardless of drawer 1 having paper or not.  Now, for some unknown reason, if I print with paper or an envelop in the multi-tray it ignores it and uses drawer 1.  I can go into the printer settings and make the multi-tray default and it will work so it's not an issue with the multi-tray.  Does anyone know the fix to get the multi-tray to be priority over drawer 1 or a print work-around without having to go into three different screens to make the printer use multi-tray?  We have a number of pre-filled forms and don't want to change the settings all day long. 

5 REPLIES 5

cyberwasp
Enthusiast

Did you see if the remote ui has been reset. I had a similar problem and found it disabled the multipurpose tray.

I just checked that and it was enabled. 

Hmmm, I have mine set for #10 envelope by default.

lol, I just tried printing an envelope in the multi-tray with tray 1 loaded and it used tray 1. Must be a glitch in the firmware.

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello PMiMG,

For the printer to take a specific paper from the multipurpose tray, you would need to change the registered paper size on the printer using the steps in the link HERE. For a work around, you can try choosing a specific paper source using the print settings on the computer and saving the settings as a preset. To see what available driver options you have for your specific OS, you can contact support over the phone at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist.

Announcements