cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MF632CDW has stopped scanning from the Automatic Document Feeder (ADF)

jamberly
Apprentice

My printer has stopped scanning from the Automatic Document Feeder (ADF). It copies from the ADF. It copies from the flatbed. It scans from the flatbed and prints but it will not scan. The image comes out very fuzzy and with lines on. I have attached below. I have updated the firmware on the machine and redownloaded the drivers to my MacBook Pro (Mojave) and still nothing. Any ideas?Test Scan Doc Feeder copy.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrice
Whiz

Hi jamberly.

It is possible that this is a driver issue. If you did not completely uninstall the driver before reinstalling the updated driver from the Canon website, then I recommend to do so. Please follow the steps below to uninstall the driver and software:

1. Click on [Finder] and then click [Go] at the top of the screen.

2. Select [Applications].

3. Delete the [MF Scan Utility].

4. Click on [Go] again, and select the [Macintosh HD] or [Mac HD]. 

NOTE: You may have to add the Mac hard drive in the Finder preferences menu.

5. Click [Library].

6. Click [Image Capture].

7. Empty the [Device] and [TWAIN Data Sources] folders.

NOTE: If you have any other printers or scanners installed, then those files will be deleted as well.

8. Reboot the computer and empty the [Trash Bin].

Once you have emptied the Trash, please click the link below to download and reinstall the scanner driver:

mac-scan-v2151-00.dmg

If you continue to experience an issue, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Hi,

So the example output you provided is when you try to scan from the ADF?

But when you select the "Copy" command the output is normal?

The output looks like a feed issue or problem with the scanner diode.

It might be best to contact Canon on this one. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

That is correct. It is an odd situation. Canon might be my only option

Patrice
Whiz

Hi jamberly.

It is possible that this is a driver issue. If you did not completely uninstall the driver before reinstalling the updated driver from the Canon website, then I recommend to do so. Please follow the steps below to uninstall the driver and software:

1. Click on [Finder] and then click [Go] at the top of the screen.

2. Select [Applications].

3. Delete the [MF Scan Utility].

4. Click on [Go] again, and select the [Macintosh HD] or [Mac HD]. 

NOTE: You may have to add the Mac hard drive in the Finder preferences menu.

5. Click [Library].

6. Click [Image Capture].

7. Empty the [Device] and [TWAIN Data Sources] folders.

NOTE: If you have any other printers or scanners installed, then those files will be deleted as well.

8. Reboot the computer and empty the [Trash Bin].

Once you have emptied the Trash, please click the link below to download and reinstall the scanner driver:

mac-scan-v2151-00.dmg

If you continue to experience an issue, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Excellent news! I couldn't find MF Scan Utility but I did the other steps and it works again! Thank you!

Announcements