cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MF4800 - Prints first page twice

David2
Apprentice

Hello, I have the Canon MF4800. When I send prints to the printer, it always prints the first page twice. The printer seems to only print the first page two times and the other pages once.

8 REPLIES 8

Patrice
Whiz

Hi David2.

I will be glad to assist you.

So that I can best assist you, I would like to ask a few questions:

1. Which operating system is installed on the computer?

2. How were the drivers installed onto the computer?

3. How is the printer connected to the computer?  Is it connected directly, via a USB cable, or wirelessly?

4. Is your model number the imageCLASS MF4880dw or MF4890dw?

I look forward to your reply with the information I have requested.  Should you need immediate assistance with this issue, please call 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi patrice, sorry to reply to this so far on

I have the same problem that david had two years ago (except that my canon is MF4700)

If you could answer me it would be very helpful

1)A working group, 3 computers all windows 7

2)dont really know, i think downloaded from the main canon page

3)as i said, a work group. wirelessly (none are connected to the printer. PLUS the "main computer" has to be on so it can print. otherwise it wont)

4)4700. found it on the control panel - printers section

Dont know if it has been to long and you are no longer answering this type of questionns. but thank you in advance

Hello Victor97,

It sounds like you have our imageCLASS MF4770n (the model number appears near your LCD screen on your printer) and you are sharing the printer.  Printer sharing is when you directly connect the printer to one computer with a USB cable, this computer acts as the host and will allow other computers that are connected to your home network to print. 

Did you try restoring the defaults on the 'main computer' (see steps below)? 

1.  Select the 'Start' button from the bottom left of the Windows screen, 'Devices and Printers'.

2.  Right click on the MF4700 Series UFRII LT icon, and then select Printer Preferences from the menu that appears.

3.  In the Printer Preferences window, click on 'Restore Defaults' toward the bottom of the Basic tab, then click Apply and OK.

If you have already completed the steps above and the issue persists, what size paper is loaded in your MF4770n and what is the paper size selected on your printer?

To check the paper size on your printer, please follow these steps:

1. Press [  ] or [  ] (Paper Settings).

2. Press [  ] or [  ] to highlight <Drawer 1>, and then press [OK].

3. What is highlighted for [Paper Size]?

4. Press [  ] or [  ] (Paper Settings) to close the <Paper Settings> screen.

If you need immediate assistance and you're in the USA, please click http://Canon.us/ContactCF for our US-based support. If you're outside of the US, please click http://Canon.us/4xf7 for support options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you for answering. Sadly the problem persist. I tried both solutions and none were solvers. No matter the result I appreciate the concern. I will try to keep on solving. If you have any other information it will be helpful too.

This seems a common issue for Canon!!!!

I have a Canon ImageClass D530, it has the same issue!

I used CDROM inside box to install it on my Windows 7.. So frustrated. 

Hello jonnysu,

If you are saying your imageCLASS D530 prints the first page of a document twice and the remaining pages only once, I suggest you uninstall the current drivers then download and reinstall the drivers from our web site using the steps below to resolve your issue.

To uninstall the drivers, please follow these steps: (If certain items are not listed or found, move on to the next step.)

1.  Unplug the USB cable from the D530.

2.  Click [Start] on the Windows task bar, select [Devices and Printers].  The Devices and Printers window opens.

3.  In the Devices and Printers window, right click on the D530 and select 'Remove' to delete the printer.  Delete all of the icons for the D530.

4.  Close the Devices and Printers window then select [Start] from the bottom left corner of the Windows screen.

5.  Select [(All) Programs], [Canon], [D530] or [D500 series], then [Uninstall Drivers].  The [Drivers Uninstaller] dialog box appears.

6.  Click [Delete].

7.  Click [Yes].  Uninstallation proceeds automatically and next dialog box appears.

8.  Click [Exit].

9.  Restart your computer.

After your computer restarts, before you reconnect the printer to your computer, you can download and install drivers from our web site using these steps:

1.  Click HERE to go to the Drivers & Downloads page for your D530.

2.  The Drivers & Downloads page will open for the selected model.

Note: This page automatically detects your computer's operating system so that only the compatible drivers and software will be available for download.
 3.  Files recommended for your printer and Operating System will be listed in the Recommended Driver(s) section. 

4.  Click on the SELECT button next to [Windows 32bit] imageCLASS D530 MFDrivers (UFR II / ScanGear) or [Windows 64bit] imageCLASS D530 MFDrivers (UFR II / ScanGear) to download the drivers.

5.  After clicking on the SELECT button next to the file name, click on the DOWNLOAD button to save the file to your computer.

6.  Once the download is complete, double-click the file from its download location to decompress them.  A new folder will be created in the same folder.  The new folder will have the same name as the compressed file. (When you select [RUN], it unpacks the setup folder.)

7.  If the Setup Wizard doesn't start automatically, open your [Downloads] (or [Documents]) folder.

(1) You will see two icons with the name: D560D530MFDriversV2090W32usEN.exe or D560D530MFDriversV2090W64usEN.exe.  Double-click on the yellow folder icon with this name.

(2) Double-click on DRIVERS to open the folder.

(3) Double-click on us_eng to open the folder.

(4) Double-click on 32bit or x64 to open the folder.

(5) In the folder you will see two listings for [Setup].  Double-click on the [Setup] that has the type as [Application].

8.  The  Setup Wizard will open.  Proceed through the on-screen steps.

9.  Connect the USB cable and allow the installation to complete.

If you need immediate assistance and you're in the USA, please click http://Canon.us/ContactCF for our US-based support. If you're outside of the US, please click http://Canon.us/4xf7 for support options.

Josh_Kemmer
Enthusiast
Go to the printer properties then click the "Restore Defaults" in all the settings. 
This will make the settings go back to its original.
Happiness for your Printer

Tone
Apprentice

Hi there.  I have a Canon MF4780w printer.  Whenever I send a document for printing, it prints the first page twice?  How do I fix this?

Thanks

Tone

Announcements