cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MF269dw printing issue

jyijahn
Apprentice

Hi guys, I got a brand new Canon monochrome laser MF269dw. Printing text, no problem with different fonts and sizes. When I print photos I notice there are horizontal streaks so I did more test. I printed some pure color page red/blue/yellow. Because this is a monochrome printer, it transfers them to gray pages. Then the streaks become very obvious, please see attached. So I was wondering what is the cause of this? Is there a way to fix this? Thanks for your help in advance.

Untitled.jpg

5 REPLIES 5

Darius
Whiz

Hi jyijahn.

Try the recommendations for correcting streaks on the following page:  https://oip.manual.canon/USRMA-3281-zz-SS-enUS/contents/SS260_troubleshooting_0319.html#1108_h2_07

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I already tried those before I posted the question here:

Are you using appropriate paper? Yes, tried two different types of paper

Is the platen glass dirty? No

Have you cleaned the fixing unit? Yes, went through the cycle   Are you using rough-surface paper? No

Are you using the machine in an environment with high humidity? No

Are you using paper containing much paper dust? No

Is the amount remaining in the toner cartridge running low? No, Brand new printer

Is the amount remaining in the drum cartridge running low? No, Brand new printer

Hi jyijahn.

Did you try the special processing settings linked from those options?  Those will adjust how the printer applies toner to the page.  Even if you don't believe that dust or humidty is affecting the printing, the special processing settings can improve output.

If those don't correct the problem, and you are located in the U.S., our support is available at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) Monday-Friday from 10:00 am to 6:30 pm ET, excluding holidays.  If you're outside of the U.S., you may find your local branch of Canon through the map at https://global.canon/en/support 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

HI Darius, Thanks for the reply. I tried all the special processing one by one. But all the outcomes still have the same banding issue. Anything else I can try?

I had the same printing issue. However, it was resolved by replacing cartridges. 

Announcements