cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Imageclass mf4770n Problem Using New Toner Cartridge

ValCan
Apprentice

My printer will not print after installing a new toner cartridge.  The message says "toner nearly out", will print a few pages, then I receive "cant print RX", however when I check the toner status, it says "ok".  I can reboot it, and it will print a few pages, then say it's out of toner again.  I've tried a couple of other toner cartridges, and I get the same result.

I'm not sure how old the printer is, minimum of 6 years.

2 REPLIES 2

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello ValCan,

The issue looks like a problem with the hardware or a problem with the information the printer is getting from the toner cartridge. We would be happy to assist further with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance. For a more immediate resolution, you can contact support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist.

1. What model number toner cartridge ae using and what company was it made by?
  2. What specific message do you get for the toner level when it fails to print and do you get the same message when printing from a computer?

Thank you for the reply.  I actually did an air pressure cleaning to all the parts inside the printer, and even the toner cartridge, and haven't had any issues since then.  

Announcements