cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Imageclass D530 can't get it to scan

projecttoday
Contributor

The printer is a Canon Imageclass D530 which is 1 year old.  It prints just fine.  I have never been able to get it to scan.

I press the Copy/Scan button

It says "Select the Scan Type".  "Computer" is highlighted so I press the OK button.

It says "Select Scan Type".  "Color Scan" is highlighted so I press the OK button.

It says "Scanning".  I down arrow to "Confirm Destination" and press the OK button.

It says:

"Confirm Destination"

"DESKTOP-SNOKA8O"

"Color Scan"

Nothing is highlighted.  Pressing the OK button doesn't do anything.  Pressing the start button doesn't do anything.  I'm stuck here.

I have also tried Custom 1 and Remote Scanner.  Should I try MF Toolbox?

Can anyone direct me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

With the help of Canon support, I installed MF Toolbox and now the scan is working.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

James_C

Hi projecttoday,

Do you have the MF Toolbox software installed?  If not, it can be downloaded from Canon's website at www.usa.canon.com.  Try scanning using the steps when you click HERE.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you.  I was unable to find the download for MF Toolbox on the site.  Can you provide the specific link?

With the help of Canon support, I installed MF Toolbox and now the scan is working.

TNRyder
Apprentice

I have a Lenovo computer with Windows 10 64Bit  and I have installed the D-530 software and drivers.  When I try to scan from the i push scan and select to computer. There is a pop up on the screen that asks me to select a destination for the scan. The box in the pop up is empty of any destinations.  

I have loaded MF Toolbox and the application states my printer/scanner is not supported.

Is there a solution? I have removed and reloaded MF Toolbox.  

I have searched for ScanGear and no dice.

I have downloaded and installed the drivers from Canon and the printer prints and copies but will not scan.

Any help is much appreciated. 

Test the printer function from the computer..

Announcements