cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon ImageClass MF4150 will not print with new laptop

path1129
Contributor

I have a new laptop running windows 10 and i get an error message whenever i try to print something. i've downloaded new drivers and stll get the message. i tried to print on my old laptop and it works fine. Any idea what could be wrong?  Old laptop was also running windows 10. 

Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ShesRacing
Apprentice

I know this is late for the OP, but in case it helps anyone else who finds this thread... I was just going through forums trying to find this same answer and here's what I found that WORKED for me:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/how-to-install-the-latest-driver-for-your-printer-4ff664...

I followed the steps there, and at first I chose the printer that has (fax) next to it, but that one didn't work. So then I went in and chose the one that has the letters after it.... 'UFRII LT' and completed the rest of the steps and it worked!

I should mention that after chasing what the issue was for quite a while, I had also done the following:

1) Updated Windows

2) Updated just the "recommended driver" via the Canon site: https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-laser-printers-im...

2.a) I'm going to mention that I had to do this over again because it didn't work the first time, and I realized when I read the instructions that it's important to not have the USB for the printer hooked to your computer when you install the drivers. The first time I tried, the USB was plugged in, and I had to go through and uninstall and remove the printer and it took a while. Second time I tried, I did it with the USB disconnected, and it was a breeze. It worked correctly.

3) Restarted my computer

4) Followed the simple instructions on the link provided above. I'll include a screenshot below of the instructions in case that link ever doesn't work in the future.

5) Also worth mentioning that when I tried to "add a printer" on my computer, I had to choose the last option "install manually" (or something like that) because the computer still wasn't recognizing the printer was connected. Then I had to choose "USB001" as the port, not the "LPT1" since LPT1 is for an older kind of cable and my computer uses a USB to connect to the printer. ***

6) Made this printer my default printer, and had to scroll over in the printing screen to find it and make sure it was selected and it worked... and it did work! It's printing now.

This was not easy to figure out, but seems really simple after the fact. I just wanted to post what actually FIXED it for me, in case it can help anyone else in the future.

Adding Printer Instructions.png

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Buba
Apprentice

I have similar problem with printer Canon MF4150 after i reinstalled Windows 10. Initially this printer was connected to the same computer with Win 8, but after i reinstalled the OS i can't print anything, even test page. I can see this printer in the system (Win 10 recognizes it), but that's about it, no printing. Please HELP!

Just for the record, I tried all previously mentioned fixes listed in Canon forums and MS forums. 

I found this table in Canon Knowledge base: https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=FAQ100392&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&search...
Canon MF4150 is not listed here, we may be out of luck i guess.

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Buba,

The link that you are referrring to is for our inkjet printers. The MF4150 is compatible with Windows 10. You can download and install the drivers for the MF4150 using the link provided HERE. If you need assistance with the install or if you would like a more immediate resolution to your issue, feel free to contact support at 1-800-652-2666. Our support team would be happy to help.

Nebulous
Apprentice

ShesRacing answer fixed my issue. 

I recently bought a new PC and the printer was working fine on my old Windows 10 PC.  I tried installing the Canon MF4150 driver multiple times from the Canon website but I could only get the scanner to show up. 

I followed the Microsoft link instructions in ShesRacing post to add the Canon UFRII LT printer driver to Windows as it only had the default Microsoft printer drivers in the list. 

I then needed to manually install the Canon UFRII LT printer from the Windows Printers and Scanners page since the driver was now in the part of the printer drivers list in the previous step.  No need to disconnect USB and reconnect USB though.  I just left in plugged in the whole time. 

I think the key step is to add the Canon UFRII LT driver to the Windows printer driver list following installation of the Canon driver.

Announcements