cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot communicate with scanner - MF632C

bp2323
Apprentice

Hello,

I can't get wireless scanning to work.  It was working before but I recently switched to an MS Surface Book 2 (64) running Win 10.  It does process printing but not scanning.  I have reloaded the drivers and MF Utility several times.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Patrice
Whiz

Hi bp2323.

I will be glad to assist you. However, so that I can best assist you, I will need to gather some more information. Please answer the questions below:

1. Is the printer selected in the MF Network Scanner Selector? To access the scanner selector, please follow the steps below:

A. Click in the system tray.

B. Select the check box for the machine, and click [OK].

2. What is the exact error message that is displayed when you attempt to scan a document with the MF Scan Utility?

I look forward to your reply with the information I have requested. If you need immediate assistance, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

If you people would ever answer your phone I might be able to get my scanner to work.

jerseymaples
Apprentice

After following every piece of advice and instruction I could find from Canon and the community, I determined that my MF632C cannot be updated to operate with the newly installed Monterey OS.  Canon offers a discount on a new unit for those of us who have units that cannot be updated.  I called to discuss this offer and felt like I was slapped in the face.  I spent nearly $600 on the unit I have, and I got about 4 years out of before it was obsolete and now I am forced to purchase a new unit because Canon chose not to offer updates.  The "discount" they offer is a measly 10% off of a new unit.  I have exclusively used Canon products in my home business for nearly 30 years, and tolerated the high cost of ink and toner because of the print quality, but this is my last one.  Thumbs down for you Canon.  I am very disappointed. 

Announcements