cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Get Canon LBP6230dw Working with Mac OS Sierra

vienna01
Contributor

I will be happy if I can get my Canon LBP 6230 Laser Printer working with the MAC OS Sierra using EITHER Wireless or Wired LAN. Here is what I tried:

System Preferences > Printers & Scanners>Clicked on +

Click on "IP" on ADD screen.**

I tried using both "air Print and using Internet Printing Protocol[IPP].

I used "select Software". On the Screen "Printer Software" I selected "Canon LBP6230/6240 the "OK"

Then I clicked "ADD" on the ADD SCREEN.

The MAC then displayed "SEtting 10.0.0.11"

after about 15 seconds the MAC screen displayed "Unable to Verify the Printer on your Network"

I then clicked on CONTINUE even though it couldn't verify that the Canon was on 10.0.0.11

On the PRINTERS & SCREENS SCREEN the new CANON laser printer displayed 10.0.0.11 NOT THE NAME OF THE CANON PRINTER.

I tried to use the Canon Printer- I wasn't setup correctly/did not do anything. Note another Canon printer was already working correctly with the MAC[MX922]. The MX922 was connected via my Ethernet LAN.

What Can Be done? I suspect that the IP Address that I obtained from the Canon printer could be incorrect but do not know how to determine the IP ADDRESS OF THE PRINTER USING another method.

FYI: When I used the router's address 10.0.0.1 the MAC froze at the display of "Setting up 10.0.0.1

=====================================================================================

I tried connecting this Canon printer the same ways with the LAN connection disabled to see if the wireless connection would work. It did not..

======================================================================================

**Entered the IP address that I got from printer[pressing b oth the wireless button and the ON/OFF button yields PRINTOUT with The IP address of the printer on my WIRED LAN. The Canon Printer is connected to a port on the rear of my Xfinity dual band 802 ac ROUTER. using a ethernet cable.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

vienna01
Contributor

Solved

Wish I could tell how it was solved but all I recall is after many times[around 8-10] trying to install the laser printer on MAC OS this time it worked.

My guess-

I was missing executing a step. So I can add any useful knowledge to the forum databases.

I was also having difficulty installing on a Win 10. My error there was failing to connect a USB cable between the laser printer and the WIN PC to "setup" the network" correctly.first.  Also I kept getting errors associated with having already put printer ports in use. The Windows system kept saying restart and all should be well. restarting didn't fix things. I eliminated 3 printer ports that were in use. One of them was guilty. I couldn't determine which one.

The  software that Canon provided for installing on Windows was much more helpful than fot MAC OS except it did not tell me what printer ports were preventing the install.

Canon needs to improve the install software for both MAC OS & WIN 10`

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

vienna01
Contributor

Solved

Wish I could tell how it was solved but all I recall is after many times[around 8-10] trying to install the laser printer on MAC OS this time it worked.

My guess-

I was missing executing a step. So I can add any useful knowledge to the forum databases.

I was also having difficulty installing on a Win 10. My error there was failing to connect a USB cable between the laser printer and the WIN PC to "setup" the network" correctly.first.  Also I kept getting errors associated with having already put printer ports in use. The Windows system kept saying restart and all should be well. restarting didn't fix things. I eliminated 3 printer ports that were in use. One of them was guilty. I couldn't determine which one.

The  software that Canon provided for installing on Windows was much more helpful than fot MAC OS except it did not tell me what printer ports were preventing the install.

Canon needs to improve the install software for both MAC OS & WIN 10`

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements