cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannon LaserJet MF743 Scanner

AngDLD
Apprentice

Can anyone assist with getting this set up so we can scan from my Mac?  We finally got everything connected but now we can only get the scanner to work from the printer not from the computer.  Many thanks!

Angela - Mac user and picture taker.
3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

"We finally got everything connected"  Connected how and to what?  Wired, wireless, cable, etc.

Version of MAC OS you ar running?

Canon software you have installed?

Steps you are performing when you try to scan from the computer?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

We are connected wirelessly.  I'm running catalina on this Mac.  But it's a household printer as well so other versions are printing off this printer. 

Typically when I try to scan from the computer I go to system preferences, the printers and scanners then scan from there.  But it's not pulling up any scanners.    

Angela - Mac user and picture taker.

Hi there.

When scanning from System Preferences, the computer uses Image Capture, the Mac OS native imaging software.  For help with Image Capture, you'll need to contact Apple Support (https://support.apple.com)

LaserJet is a non-Canon brand of laser printers.  If your printer says LaserJet on it, you'll need to contact that manufacturer for help.

If using the imageCLASS MF743Cdw, try installing the Canon-produced drivers and scanning software from the MF743Cdw Drivers & Downloads page.  Once installed, remove and re-register the printer using the Canon Drivers.  The software, once installed, will be found in the Applications folder, within the Canon Utilities sub-folder.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements