cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't turn off two sided printing

stephmd
Apprentice

Hello, 

I'm having difficulty trying to turn off two-sided printing. I'm using a Mac OS, Catalina 10.15.5. I have an image class mf741cdw.

I have had issues getting the printer to connect, so I reinstalled the driver, have turned off and on the printer, computer, and router for the wifi, got that fixed, and now it's only printing 2 sided copies.

The settings on the printer say 2 sided printing is turned OFF, the preferences on my Mac settings also show it's set to 1 sided printing, yet it will only print 2 sided still. I've tried printing from Chrome, Safari, and also Adobe Acrobat. 

I'm currently still waiting in a queue with a very long hold time on the phone with customer support for Canon trying to get through to help that way as well, so trying to post here to see if I can get a faster result. 

Any workable solutions is much appreciated, thank you.

1 REPLY 1

Darius
Whiz

Hi stephmd.

When printing from a computer, the settings on the computer will override those on the printer itself.  Some programs, such as Google's Chrome browser and Adobe products, including Acrobat and Reader, maintain their own proprietary print screens.  Refer to the support for those programs for more information on how to change their settings.

When printing from other programs, there may be more than one section in the Print menu's submenus where two-sided print can be found.  Check each of the submenus to be sure one of these settings isn't overriding the others.

Note: the above image is an example, and may not have all of the options that will show up for Safari or other programs.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements