cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't scan with my MF8050 Cn printer on Windows 10

tifred68
Apprentice

Hi, a couple of months ago I was able to scan documents with my MF8050 Cn printer on Windows 10, but I tried today and I can't anymore. Probably because of a Windows update I suppose.

The connection with the printer with my USB cable is working (I'm not using a laptop but a tower as a computer), the scanner is doing is job by scanning the document, but I can't get the preview on my screen. When the preview is trying to load, it keeps freezing and nothing appears.

Here are my settings and everything that I installed:

6-ScreenHunter_224 Sep. 07 21.43.jpg

I installed the following drivers and Tool Box on this page:
https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/color-imageclass-mf8050cn#idReference%3Dsoftware-drivers

[Windows 64bit] imageCLASS MF8050Cn MFDrivers (UFR II / FAX / ScanGear)

[Windows 64-bit] Patch for Network Scan, USB Scan (Windows 8/8.1/10)

[Windows 32bit & 64bit] Tool Box Ver.4.9.1.1.mf18

This is my settings for Toolbox:

2-ScreenHunter_222 Sep. 07 21.19.jpg

My Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) Properties:

3-ScreenHunter_222 Sep. 07 21.41.jpg

4-ScreenHunter_223 Sep. 07 21.41.jpg

5-ScreenHunter_224 Sep. 07 21.41.jpg

Can you help me please, I tried everything but I still can't get the preview from the scan.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Delphaland
Apprentice

Place a document on the machine, and press <Scan -> PC1> or <Scan -> PC2>, and scanning starts immediately. The type of scan (color or black and white), the save destination for the document, and other settings can be registered to a button, and documents can be scanned using those settings. This section describes how to register settings in a button and scan with it. USPayserv

Thanks !!

Thanks for your answer, but the result is even worse because nothing is happening when I do what you said. The only thing that I got, is a popup on my computer screen like that:

1-ScreenHunter_224 Sep. 08 18.31.jpg

When I choose MF Toolbox, nothing happen, and when I choose Photoshop, Photoshop open but nothing happen.

Before I was using MF Toolbox and everything was working fine, I could get a Preview before scanning. But now, when I try to get a Preview using MF Toolbox, the scanner is scanning the document, but the Preview is freezing on my computer screen like that:

3-ScreenHunter_222 Sep. 07 20.03.jpg

And I can't do anything after that. I have to restart my computer and the printer if I want to try another scan:((

Announcements