cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't scan at all with MF743Cdw

CurtJ
Apprentice

Yesterday I upgraded my macOS to Cataline 10.15.2.  I didn't need to scan anythign after the upgrade.

Today, I do need to scan and I can't scan.  Been at it for an hour or two now....

I believe the message I received earlier today was that the Canon MF Scan Utility couldn't locate the scanner.

So I went to Canon USA's website and downloaded the latest Canon Drivers: UFRII/UFRII LT v. 10.19.1 and Scanner Driver v2.15.1, both having effective dates of November 26, 2019.

I delete the printer/scanner in the system preferences and install the drivers and reboot my iMac.  Also turn on and off the printer.  I then add the MF743Cdw in the system preferneces and add the MF743Cdw in the Canon MF Scan Utility.  And I still can't scan....

There is however an improvement:  before (prior to updating) the MacOS system preferences for printers/scanners wouldn't even show the scanner control panel.  As if there was no scanner.  Now, the MacOS system preferences will display the scanner control panel and identify it as MF743Cdw, but that's it.  When I try to use either the MacOS scanner control panel or the Canon MF Scan Utility both don't connect.  When using the Canon MF Scan Utility it gives error code 2100009 or error code 600007 (but usually error code 2100009).  When using the MacOS scan control panel it always gives error code 2100009.

I deleted the MF743Cdw from system preferences and added it back, nothing changes.  

Yes I can print from my iMac.  Just no scanning of any sort.

Any help appreciated,

Curt J.

USA

3 REPLIES 3

CurtJ
Apprentice
Just got a different code from trying to use Canon MF Scan Utility: 600104. Same result, just different code if it means anything to anyone.

Greetings,

When you added the scanner to the MF Scan Utility, did you add via Bonjour or IP?

If Bonjour, Remove the added device using the "-" minus button, then close the app. 

Now reopen and add via its IP address instead of Bonjour. Then retest.

MF.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

How do I find the IP address to use?

Announcements