cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get imageClass D550 setup to scan

mkoslosk
Apprentice

I just purchased a new imageClass D550.  When attempting to use it as a scanner, after I navigate to SCAN > Computer, I get a message that reads, "Connect to computer."  Then nothing else and I'm not able to scan or pull up the properties menu as seen in the manual.  The printer and copier work fine, so I know that the machines are communicating.  Can you tell me what I might need to do to fix this?  Is there a separate driver for the scanner?  (When I installed the software, I did opt for the scanner to be installed also).  Any insight is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Danny

Hi, mkoslosk!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/ContactCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 8 AM and 8 PM ET (5 AM to 5 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Danny

Hi, mkoslosk!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/ContactCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 8 AM and 8 PM ET (5 AM to 5 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

Danny,

Thanks for your reply.  I just received the e-mail notification of this post last night (6/14) or I would have responded sooner.   I'm not sure why it took so long to get here.

I did use e-mail technical support, and many messages and two days later I did finallyl figure it out.  Thank you for your repsonse.

Danny

I am having having the same issue. What did you have to do? 

It turned out to be really simple.  I just had to right-click on the icon and select "run as an administrator."  Hope this helps.

Hi

I am having the same issues. What did you have to do to resolve? 

Announcements