cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change ink cartridges on maxify mb2320.

glennscalise
Apprentice

I open the front door and cartridge holder will not move to the center.  It will not move at all.  I just get a message that the front door is open

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

You will not be able to replace an ink tank until it is completely empty.  Please continue printing until the empty warning appears.  You should be able to replace the tank at that point.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30

One color ink does not come out on papers, but monitor shows it has left over ink, so does not allow to change it.

How can I replace an ink for the sensor does not do a good job.

Thanks,

Ilsoon

Hi ilsooon89,

If you are still having the issue with the cartridge, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of the issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

Contact Us.

We look forward to hearing from you.

What does the 'empty warnig' look like? AllI see is a question mark on top of the empty cartridge display.

Hello;

Are you really saying that if there is some sort of a problem with an ink cartridge that the user must keep printing until the printer thinks the cartridge is empty?  Shoot the enginner and the managers that allowed this to be so!!

I replaced the ink cartridges late last week and noticed that the black cartridge was printing very faintly.  I have a second replacement that I am willing to install. I am assuming that the flaw is in the cartridge because the black was working before the ink cartridge replacement and because all other colors are working properly.

So, please give me instructions how to replace the full, but faulty, black ink cartridge.

Thanks

jhbennett
Apprentice
I installed a remanufactured black ink cartridge. It worked fine but now that it is empty, the ink indicator just shows a "?" and will not center on the black cartridge so I can replace it. What can I do?

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

See this on youtube for directions on how to remove a MB2320 ink cartridge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mysHiP3-PHg

Thank you for this helpful information!  Much better than sitting on hold with Canon, and even then you wouldn't get a solution.

I have the ? mark over the black cartridge printer, but it seems I can copy manually if I physcially place something in printer, but sending a print request from my computer won't work, I have a black cartridge but it wont come to the position in the middle for me to pop in a new one

Hi Ddkkp5,

I recommend performing a reset of the printer. While the printer is on, unplug the power cord from the printer and let it sit for 60 seconds. While the power is off, press the power button 5 times. After 60 seconds plug the power cord back in and power on the printer.

If there is still a ? above the ink cartridge, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issues. Please contact our support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST(excluding holidays).

Announcements