cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Library "Scan to Preset Destination": Change scan resolution?

bsevers
Apprentice

Hi!

I have a MF733CDW printer. I'm trying to create an Application Library icon on the home screen for scanning photos at the highest resolution (600dpi) and sending them to a folder on my PC. So far I've got everything working using the "Scan to Preset Destination" application except the scan resolution seems to be locked in 300dpi. Unfortunately there's not an option in the Remote UI for configuring scan resolution that I've found. I've tried indirectly setting the resolution by changing the file formats between JPEG and TIFF and various image quality/data size settings and I can't get the resolution to increase. I know it's using 300dpi because I can compare the resulting image size (# of pixels) using this method with the size of the image produced by the Scan Gear software set to 600dpi.

Is there any way to configure a button on the printer's home screen to scan the full platen glass at 600dpi and send the image to a shared folder or (less preferably) to a USB stick?

Thank you so much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Darius
Whiz

Hi bsevers.

The MF733Cdw's 600 DPI scanning requires the extra processing power of the computer, through the ScanGear advanced mode, to complete.  When scanning from the operation panel to a file, either on a USB stick or to a preset folder, the hardware on the computer is only able to process resolutions up to 300 DPI.

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please contact us using the numbers and information at http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Darius
Whiz

Hi bsevers.

The MF733Cdw's 600 DPI scanning requires the extra processing power of the computer, through the ScanGear advanced mode, to complete.  When scanning from the operation panel to a file, either on a USB stick or to a preset folder, the hardware on the computer is only able to process resolutions up to 300 DPI.

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please contact us using the numbers and information at http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you for the quick response Darious, and that makes sense and gives me some closure after wracking my brain trying to figure this out!

Just curious, are there similar printers to the MF733CDW that are capable of scanning at 600dpi from the operation panel? Maybe the newer MF743CDW?

Hi again bsevers.

For scanning at 600 DPI across a network, from the device itself, you're going to be looking at our imageFORMULA scanners with network connectivity, such as the DR-S150, or our Scanfront series of network scanners.

Announcements