08-13-2019 11:31 PM
I bought a printer cheap and have invested way too much - I should have bought new printer. I put two new heads, new ink and two new maintenance cartridges. It prints blue instead of black.
It seems that I have air bubbles in the matte black line.
Steps I took based on my own inexperience:
1) Run 'Clean Print Head' routines many times
2) Execute the routine to 'Transport' printer then restarted printer
3) Release print head
4) Remove new print heads
5) Remove ink cartridges
6) *I skipped some steps that I'm unaware of ...
7) Pull the connector off the head with the matte black
8) Put a syringe on the end of the matte black tube
9) Pull on the syringe - a few drops of ink entered the syringe.
10) I accidentally pushed on the syringe and matte black ink squirted out into the artridge area
11) put ink cartridges back into printer and go through many steps ...
The are still air bubbles in the matte black line. The bubble are smaller now ... It still prints blue instead of black ...
08-14-2019 05:19 PM
For assistance with this error, we would have to advise that you contact our support group over the phone by calling us at 1-800-423-2366, Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). A live agent will be able to assist you in real time and go over your options to resolve the issue.