cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After a loud bang, the ImageCLASS MF217 no longer scans or copies, but still prints from my computer

energystar
Apprentice

It sounded like a mouse snapped a mouse trap.  It was the middle of the night, but there are no mouse traps set here.  The next morning I found that the operation panel of my printer was sitting cockeyed, with the left side raised 1/3" higher than the right side.  I can no longer open the feeder to see the platen glass. I can no longer use the feeder to copy or scan.  But I'll be darned if this printer is still working as a printer.  Amazing!  I have tried to reset left side of the operation panel, but it doesn't want to budge.  Has anyone had this happen to them?  Thank you in advance for reading my post.

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Please provide images of the printer once the issue/problem/damage has been identified.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

ImageCLASS MF217w broken pic 1.jpgImageCLASS MF217w broken pic 2.jpgImageCLASS MF217w broken pic 3.jpgImageCLASS MF217w broken pic 4.jpgImageCLASS MF217w broken pic 5.jpg

Rick, Thank you for your interest.  I appreciate that you'd like to know the issue/problem/damage; however, this model is no longer supported by Canon, so that is why I'm posting here...I am looking for an answer myself.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Based on what I'm seeing, the damage appears to be fairly catastrophic.  Repair would likely exceed the cost of replacement.   I would retire this printer and plan to eWaste it.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you!  I have already purchased an MF264dw II and am hoping that it will make me as happy as this damaged one has.  I really appreciate you reaching giving me your opinion!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements