cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

644c, crooked document feeder, faded scanning and no way to set color to PDF Scan to Computer

displeased
Apprentice

I'm not paying the 400 to purchase toners I will be purchasing an HP, the previous inkjet I paid 120 for did all of the above perfectly without any problems.  This thing has been junk out of the box, the scan utility appears to be designed for Windows 98 and it scans everything into the document feeder crooked in best case, worse it ripps the paper down the side.  

All handwriting in documents doesn't appear in scans not matter what settings I adjust.  It really is tragic.  I work in IT and lease many Image class MFCs that have worked great.  Huge dissapointment. 

2 REPLIES 2

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello there,

We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance. For a more immediate resolution to your issue, feel free to contact support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist.

1. What version of the Mac or Windows operating system are you using on your computer?
  2.  What size and type of paper are you loading into the document feeder?

8.5X11 normal stock, however you can't fix this.  The whole device is simply not user friendly.  You can't log into the device web interface and download a scan (like on an HP), it needs persistent adjustments (in the Windows software) to simply get hand writing to barely show in scans, the ADF either pulls documents crooked or rips them in half, it doesn't scan color PDFs unless you, again, use the horrific native Windows app and the toner replacements are more than the device itself (which I would happily pay for if it WORKED PROPERLY).  Omitting the capability to choose pdf when scanning color from the device UI was a horrible decision.

I'm not asking for help, I'm simply pointing out the faults in these garbage printers.  When the starter toner pack runs out I will be purchasing an HP MFC, and for the extra 150$, it will be well worth it. 

I also will not even give this POS away, it's going to suffer intentional catastrophic physical damage and going to e-cycle, so no poor soul has to deal with this tragedy again.

Announcements