cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4350d 225 Error Message

w8n4dsn
Contributor

I tried flatbed scanning on my printer for the first time and received a E225 error. How do I fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello W8n4dsn,

The 255 error would point to a problem with the image sensor for the scanner. This message would usually mean the printer needs service but, there is a chance that it is caused by the unit not getting enough power. You can try unplugging the printer from the power and then pressing the power button 10 times while the printer is unplugged. After that, you can plug the printer into a different power source and you can try turning it on. If you continue to get the error, it would mean the printer needs service.

To see what service options are available, you can log into your canon account using the link provided HERE or you can contact support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents can also check what might be causing the issue or can provide service options.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Danny

Hi, w8n4dsn!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or Mac OS, and which version thereof). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

I have multiple computers but none are connected to the printer currently. 

I have a windows 7 which is what was connected when the error was created.

I have a windows 10 which I was able to use to print before the error. 

Greetings,

A google search seems to indicate a problem with the contact image sensor (CIS).  Some if the suggested fixes include:

-Turning the machine off, unplugging it for a minute, reconnecting to power and turining it back on.  

-Cleaning or replacing the CIS

The CIS is connected by a small cable.  Some have also reported success resolving this error simply by re-seating the cable. 

The fixes above require some disassembly.  In some cases a firmware update might also be applicable.  The printer is not sold on the united states, so you would need to visit the Canon Support site that serves the region of the world where you live.  

Here is an example:

imageCLASS MF4150 Firmware Update, Prevention of E225 error code. (custhelp.com)

Note, this FW does not apply to your product <<<

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

w8n4dsn
Contributor
Thank you shadowsports. This is a 4350d that I must definitely bought at office depot in the United States. Canon should provide support. I have seen that this could be a firmware issue or a CIS issue. I'll try a new download first and see if that resolves the matter.

w8n4dsn
Contributor
Anything from Canon?

Hello W8n4dsn,

The 255 error would point to a problem with the image sensor for the scanner. This message would usually mean the printer needs service but, there is a chance that it is caused by the unit not getting enough power. You can try unplugging the printer from the power and then pressing the power button 10 times while the printer is unplugged. After that, you can plug the printer into a different power source and you can try turning it on. If you continue to get the error, it would mean the printer needs service.

To see what service options are available, you can log into your canon account using the link provided HERE or you can contact support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents can also check what might be causing the issue or can provide service options.

w8n4dsn
Contributor
Hector, the power button resolved the issue. Thanks!

You're very welcome w8n4dsn, I'm glad I could help!

Announcements