cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Brand new" PIXMA iP100 printers, right out of the box, won't print.

gschneyer
Apprentice

First, I understand the printer is no longer supported. They've been in a closet for who knows, but I'm tasked with trying to coax these to work. So here I am, flowers, candy and sweet pillow talk, whatever it takes.

Both of these are right out of their boxes, we bought new toner for them. On each one, put in, the red LED is solid. I ran the installation packages, I'm able to connect and use the Maintenance tab to run cleaning nozzle for example. However, on both of the printers, doesn't print at all, and used two different sets of toners. I'm hoping there's something that I missed, maybe use my left hand instead of my right, anything that I can try. Or just dump 'em?

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Do you mean new out of the box never opened before in 15 years or used put away for 15 years and now you want them to work?

If the latter, I wouldn't hold my breath.  Whatever's in there has had more than a decade to harden and turn to rock.

I'm not sure if the printheads can be cleaned.  Maybe though.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

gschneyer
Apprentice

Correct, been in a closet all this time, never been used. Bought new toner though.

Announcements