cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well that ruins Mother's Day! CP1200 suddenly says "driver not available"

CANONBARF
Apprentice

Well, sat down to print out some pics for Mother's Day...and now I get "driver not available."  Tried to reinstall, but it won't complete the installation.  Tried googling, really haven't found anything.  I'm on Windows 10, Version 10.0.19043 Build 19043.  It was working fine the last time I used it, but that was 6 months ago.  It boots up and everything looks fine, it just is not talking to the computer.  

Tried poking around the Canon website...it's awesome they have a "Reach Us" site that doesn't actually have any way to reach anyone.  (Seems Canon isn't interested in doing anything other than offering me the chance to spend money on a new printer as an excellent solution for my problem, cause hey we have landfills that need filling!)  If I don't have a day job and am willing to spend a few hours on hold and pay $20, I am also in luck!  Provided I only have a problem on weekdays before 5. 

So, community, any suggestions here?  (Or maybe I missed the part about also having to buy a new laptop in addition to a new printer, just to print out pictures, too)

1 REPLY 1

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Is this a situation where it worked yesterday and now it doesn't or have things changed, like  an updated operating system?

This this the driver yiou are trying to install?

Support | Mobile & Compact Printer | SELPHY CP1200 | Canon USA

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements