cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selphy cp1300 firmware bugs suspected

davidlcoffin67
Apprentice

I have a brand new Selphy cp1300 bought in April 2022.  knowing this printer has been out for a few years at least, I would think that canon would have addressed all the bugs in the firmware.  freezing on 'busy', frequently losing network connectivity requiring power off and back on, freezing and not notifying upon 'no paper' situation, and so on that I've seen other users post about.  the firmware is, get this, in 2022, it is still 1.0.0.0.  canon does not have any firmware updates for this printer AT ALL.  they need to address all the bugs, and provide firmware updates so that we all can better enjoy our printers without having to sit with it and power it off and back on multiple times in order to complete print series.  I suspect there are memory issues with it, and communication issues with it, due to the printer frequently becoming unfound after printing from my Mac and having to power cycle it to have it get on network and become found on my computer once again.

come on, Canon, acknowledge that this printer is really popular, and many people use it, and provide necessary firmware updates so we can keep these machines for years and years, instead of complaining about it, and causing Canon to lose money as people lose their confidence in these machines and confidence in the company overall.

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements