cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma iP110 will not turn on

kimrru
Apprentice

Hello all,

I have a Pixma iP110 printer that will not turn on. The printer is only pulled out of a drawer for printing on occasion, so it's not plugged in all the time. We've printed 2 times since mid-April to provide an idea of the frequency the printer is used. New toner was installed mid-April.

• When pressing the power button, the toner moves (sometimes), the light flashes for 15 seconds (timed) and then the light goes out.
  • The printer is using WiFi, so it's not plugged into any computer.
  • Out of the 3 buttons, the light on the power button is the only one that flashes.

Any feedback is appreciated. Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi!

We've released a firmware update to take care of this issue. Learn more now by clicking HERE.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

53 REPLIES 53

Turn off the wifi router, keep it off and turn the printer on..see the magic happen

Yes, I shut router and it powered up. But when I turn router back on, printer shuts off and just repeats problems. Any suggestions?

Ok the issue to solve is, power off you wifi or your router, start the printer, reset the printer https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/Manual/M/iP110%20series/EN/UG/ug_changing_settings0980.html

After of that the printer will start normally and you can print using USB..

If you want use the wifi you need to reconfigure the printer using you canon software put a fixed IP and the gateway must be a incorrect one to avoid to the printer connect to internet.

Thanks !! It worked for me.

The techy explanation was too much, but I just turned off the wifi router and the printer went back on again, blue light is on.

Next step is to try and reset the wifi connection on the printer, but in all honesty, I may skip that and keep working with a USB cable from now on. I don't want another nasty surprise from Canon in a near future... Thanks again !! (You saved my daughter from missing a school deadline) 

Thank you for the procedure. It helped me.

ADDITIONAL INFO: My WiFi router has setting for each device on the local network: "Block Internet Services". After following the procedure described (shut down WiFi router, then start Canon printer), I started up the WiFi router and blocked internet services for the Canon IP110. This seems to have solved it for me. I am able to turn off the Canon IP110 and turn it on again, and it is working normally, connecting to WiFi.

Thanks for the additional info - going in and block (or in my case pausing) internet access to the printer on my router fixed the issue without having to turn off wifi for the entire home.

To identify the IP address of our Canon IP110, I used the Canon IJ Network Tool app. This is done while the WiFi router was shut down. Then I looked up that IP address on the list of devices in our WiFi router, after bringing the router back up.

angelsfan1
Apprentice

Same issue on my iP110 too. Turns off after about 15 seconds. Just started yesterday. Looking around these forums, I see it is multiple printers from Canon that experienced the same issue, all on the same day 5/31/2022. Desktops and mobile printers. Canon has an issue on it's hands and is radio silent telling everyone they have a hardware issue on their printer and need to buy a new printer on their "Upgrade Plan". H-E double L NO! They better come up with a workaround for this soon!

I totally agree. I'm experiencing the same exact problem you are experiencing & I can't afford to go buy the same type of printer, knowing that they'll remotely shut it down.

BrokeTeacher
Apprentice

I used my personal Canon ip110 quite a bit at school to print out all sorts of things. I just moved my printer into my home office for the summer to continue working. My experience is the same as angelsfan1: The printer is powered on, it cycles through its startup, ink cartridges move back and forth, then all of a sudden it shuts off. The printer is plugged into my USB, so it's not Wifi related. I believe we all have experienced a software update that tells the printer to perform an auto-shutdown after 15 seconds. Unfortunately, the printer will not stay powered up long enough to perform an update or to restore a previous update. I had similar issues with a Canon Pixma printer about 5 years ago where it would not power up, even with a new power pack/cord. I am disappointed with Canon, because this is clearly not a hardware issue when we all are experiencing the same exact issue.

Announcements