cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma TR-150 Ink is not drying on glossy photo paper.

1raelynn
Apprentice

This is my second TR150. The ink is not drying on glossy photo paper. Technical support sent us a new printer because the last one wasn’t drying the ink either. Does anyone else have this issue and if so did you find a workaround?

6 REPLIES 6

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

What brand / type of paper is it?

Is it a supported paper type?

What settings are you choosing in the printer driver?

Please confirm you are using Canon brand inks?

Are you certain you are printing on the correct side of the paper? (you'd be surprised)

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I am positive that I am printing on the correct side. Maybe the “Canon photo paper” isn’t the right paper to use in a canon printer. I went into settings and changed the length of dry time to the max. It worked one minute (with the same paper and same settings) and then not the next.  Sorry gents. This is not my area of strength, but good lord these are basic points.

Wet a fingertip and touch the corner surface of the paper. The print side will be tacky. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Really strange. I use Canon's ink in my two Pixma printers on Canon Photo Glossy papers and drying is instant.

Do you know someone with a different paper you can try?

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I am willing to bet that Rick's last sentence is the answer. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

normadel
Authority
Authority

The printer does not do anything to dry the ink. Don't know why Canon would have sent a new printer.

More likely it's the paper you're using, or placement in the printer. What's the paper?  Glossy inkjet paper is glossy only on one side.

Announcements