cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I print .cr2 photos on my canon SELPHY CP810

ketus
Apprentice

I recently bought a canon SELPHY cp810 off Facebook market place because it was the cheapest option for a student like me and I want to start a photo album of my family. I also have a canon powerboat g7x mark ii that I take photos with ( I use a SanDisk Ultra Plus SD card). When I put the SD card in the SELPHY, all my pictures show up as a yellow question mark (ALL) but when I place another sad card in it (Lexar Platinum II), the photos show up and can be printed.

I assumed the problem was the image type and when I checked I realised all my photos on the SanDisk are cr2 format while the Lexar photos were in jpg format. I tried changing the format of some photos on my SanDisk memory card to jpg but they still show as a question mark when I try to print them on my SELPHY. How do I fix this?

Note that the SELPHY though old is not the problem, it prints the other photos just fine! Thank you.

1 REPLY 1

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

A .CR2 file is a RAW image file that needs to be processed before it can be printed. Changing the file suffix to .jpg doesn't alter the file contents.

You need to download Canon Digital Photo Professional (DPP4) and use it to open and then print your files.

Canon Support for PowerShot G7 X Mark II | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

Screenshot 2024-08-09 091317.jpgScreenshot 2024-08-09 091207.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic
Announcements