cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best lens under $900 for a T3i need some suggestions

7T7
Apprentice

Have been using the kit lends for about 2 years and looking to upgrade. Just looking for the best all around/walk aroung lens. Would be using it for about 70% outdoor shots and 30% portraits. Really confused on what lens I should get. Would really appreachate  any suggestions Thank You!!!

11 REPLIES 11

"

Or would you sugest me getting it from a seller from New York for about $13 more?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Canon-24-105-4-0-L-IS-USM-Lens-USA-Warranty-NEW-Special-SALE-Price-BUY-NOW-/..."

Being from Hong Kong does not guarantee it is fake but you do take a bigger risk.  I would not do it when they are so easy and plentiful here.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

ScottyP
Authority
As far as Hong Kong goes, there are 2 things I'd look out for, and it would take a lot more than $13.00 to get me to order from them rather than a trusted local retailer or a trusted big firm like B&H or Adorama.

First there are USA lenses and there are non-official imports. The ones imported for the USA market have a USA warranty and the others (called "grey market" do not. Without the USA warranty you might not be able to get warranty repairs handled without shipping it out of the country.

Secondly, you might get hit with an import tax. I ordered a Sigma lens on an insanely good deal, and about 4 months later FedEx tracked me down and demanded reimbursement for import duty taxes that the shipper did not pay. It was like $30.00 or so as I recall. It was still a good deal, but that tax thing was quite a surprise!

As for the walk-around lens I will strongly agree with the recommendation for the 17-55. I have one and it is a very sharp and bright lens, though I don't use it anymore since going full frame.
Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?
Announcements