cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delete old copies of printer?

suzy
Apprentice

I just downloaded a driver for Windows 10, which hopefully has fixed my wireless connection. Interestingly, the connection was fine after switching from Windows 8 until I installed a new modem from Comcast. (Also interestingly my computer is much slower with the new "faster" modem, but that's a question for Comcast.) Anyhow - I am now up to 5 copies of my Canon all-in-one when I look at the list of printers in Control Panel. Shoud I delete the older copies? Are they taking up unneeded space on my hard drive? Should I just leave them alone? Thanks...

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

The extra copies most likely were added during installation attempts.  Delete any copies that do not communicate with the printer in order to avoid confusion.

If additional assistance is needed, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

They don't take up much space, but as Michael says delete all but the one that has the green default check mark. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

The extra copies most likely were added during installation attempts.  Delete any copies that do not communicate with the printer in order to avoid confusion.

If additional assistance is needed, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

They don't take up much space, but as Michael says delete all but the one that has the green default check mark. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements