cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canoscan 8000f toolbox.

MeUlLoSaIlOr
Apprentice

Hello. I cannot install - from the disc - the toolbox for my canoscan 8000f scanner. I have Windows 7. I sometimes get error code 26.0.0. I am beginning to lose faith in Canon. They will not issue a driver for this scanner to run in Windows 8, rendering the scanner scrap. So I've resurrected an older PC. Is there a compatability problem?

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Its not  a great solution, since it involves some cost, but VueScan is a possible solution (so you can use your current computer).

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hello jrhoffman75. Many thanks for your response, but I am not inclined to have to pay for a solution. I still think Canon could be more helpful.

I asked vuescan. But they don't have a driver for the 8000F under W-7. Possibly they have software for better scanning and image manipulation etc,. but no tools for communication between device (8000F) and OS.(Windows-7) (...though many people seems to think they DO have....)

Thanks for that, Gerard. I'm not sure what to do yet. There must be an answer. I have a perfectly good scanner but Canon appear to be more interested in selling their products than looking after their old customers!

Hi MeUiLoSallOr!

Welcome to the Canon Forum, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation, however we need to let you know that the Canon Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please visit http://www.canon.com and select your country or region for your support needs.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Announcements