cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Canon Contest - Who else entered?

Illumined
Enthusiast

Hey guys, 

I just entered the Why Canon contest. It was a blast to create that video. Did anyone else here enter as well? How did the process go?

- Micah

EOS Rebel T3, EFS 50mm, 18-55mm

10 REPLIES 10

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

What was funny is that the contest announcement came out literally after I sent off my EOS C70 to B&H Photo's Used Dept 😁

Looking forward to seeing the winner's creations.  Good luck!

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

ah that's too bad - the c70 seems like a dream camera. How did you like it?

It was a fantastic piece of gear for sure.  Though one thing I finally learned by the end of last year was that videography/cinematography was just not for me.

--
Ricky

by the way, do you know if or how the winning videos will be shown? Will canon put them on their instagram or something?

No idea.  Companies will typically outline certain details about how winners will be announced in the official rules outlined for the contest.  Suggest you take a look there.

--
Ricky

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

I was trying to figure out how I could showcase my camera in the video but not have it available to capture.  🙃

There are a million things I want to say and show "Why I Love My Canon" Camera....  but shooting on Android didn't feel right.  I am going to get a second body this year, but I need to see what the R5 mkII and R1 are going to look like.  I had some funny ideas and hopefully someday I could share it.  Good luck with your entry.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Yeah that makes sense - I literally shot this vid on one of my eos rebel t3 bodies, using the other one as my prop 😂
the t3 isn't the best for video but it does give you a vintage look.

ccanada
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello everyone! Our social team just posted the Why Canon reel. Here is the link to our Instagram page.

Thanks! That was a sick video. Did that guy win?

- Micah

Announcements