cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which model of Canon camera I should buy? Please help me

Tommylovecamera
Apprentice

Hello my name is Tommy and I love cameras. I want to go hiking and taking some animal photos but I don't know which type of camera I should buy. Can you recommend for me? Someone recommend me for some hunting cameras or cctv cameras for some videos [Mod note: Removed link per FORUM GUIDELINES]. Please just reply me, thanks love you all.

3 REPLIES 3

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend
Can you provide a little more info? A G16 to a1Dx could be right.
EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:
Can you provide a little more info? A G16 to a1Dx could be right.

A G16, sure, but a 1DX? Hardly. I know you love the "1" series, and I enjoyed your quip (I think it was yours) to the effect that you could bash someone's head in with a 1DX and still use it to take the crime scene photos. But I doubt that any photographer in his right mind would take that behemoth hiking. (Yeah, I know, Ansel Adams would have. But we all know he was a little bit crazy.)  Smiley Wink

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Bob from Boston,

I did make that remark but I am not the author.  It is bantied around a lot in the pro crowd.

" But I doubt that any photographer in his right mind would take that behemoth hiking."

OK, now it is for certain, I have had that notion for some time.  I am not in my right mind.  Most likely not in my left mind either for that matter.  Since I generally carry two 1 series wherever I go.  The zoo or Colorado doesn't matter.  I use a backpack and a seperate lens case.

I use a Balck Rapid and a CPS shoulder strap for just carrying the cameras.  The 1Ds Mk III has the 24-70mm f2.8 on it with the CPS strap. The 1D Mk IV has the 70-200mm f2.8 on it.  It is on the Black Rapid.

I have climbed Mesa Verde and walked the wetlands with this gear.  Hot to cold. Onward.....................Smiley Wink

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements