cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketchy/Scam email from FedEx about print label to return an R5 to Canon. (I don't own an R5).

traviscurry
Apprentice

Has anyone come across this recently? 

I got an email from FedEx today (I checked the email address and it looks legit) with a shipping label (and attached QR code) to send Canon an RMA (returned merchandise authorization) for an R5. Here's the info it has on the label. 

The phone # I can't trace it on Google, but doesn't look like it's connected to Canon Factory Service Center. I forwarded the email along to FedEx's abuse address for them to look into it. 

I don't own an R5 and I haven't bought one either. 

Ship toItem descriptionReturn merchandise authorization (RMA)Recipient phone

CANON FACTORY SERVICE CENTER
EOS R5

1 REPLY 1

Stephen

Hi, Travis.

I've searched by all the info I have here - your name, and this mystery number. I can't find an order, repair, or RMA in any of our systems, so I'm pretty sure this is a phishing attempt. BUT...

To be super safe, I recommend contacting our sales team by phone at 800-385-2155. When the automated system comes on, select the option that says you want to place a new order. That will get you to an agent. They'll be able to double-check with additional, private information that you can verify with them over the phone. 

Announcements