cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Equipment from Registration

PStirling
Apprentice

I have sold some of my registered camera equipment.  How do I remove them so the new owner can register them.  I am not worried about transferring warranties or carepaks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello!

Simply log into your My Canon Account at canon.us/account and delete the registered item. 😊

Go to "View All" on the right side:

view-all.png

Then select the product & trash it:

DeleteProduct.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

If I'm not mistaken, I do not believe a device can be registered more than once, even if you remove it from your registered devices.  I'll have to research a bit, or a Moderator might answer  🙂

CarePaks can be transferred once as you noted.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks.  I am just looking more than anything to remove the sold equipment.  If the new owner wants to register them that is up to them.  I find it a nice way to document the serial number in case of theft.

Hello!

Simply log into your My Canon Account at canon.us/account and delete the registered item. 😊

Go to "View All" on the right side:

view-all.png

Then select the product & trash it:

DeleteProduct.png

ohhhhhhhhhh.... it is the image that is hyperlinked, not the name or numbers.  Thanks!😁

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@Stephen,

So after removing, another user is then free to enter the same serial number and fictitious date of purchase and the item will be added to their MyCanon?

Thanks in advance for clarifying this for me.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

yessir! but like you indicated before - the Factory Service Center determines warranty eligibility. 😊

This is a more recent enhancement of our systems, and a benefit of using My Canon Account. 

click here to view the gallery
Announcements