cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommendation for camera upgrade?

Bradenkr
Contributor

Hi evreyone! After shooting with my Rebel T3i for the last 4 years, I've decided it's time to upgrade. I am especially doing this because I now have a job photographing food, products, events, people, and various buildings in the city I work for. I do freelance as well, specifically for head shots and family photos. I want to upgrade past the rebel (I don't have a strong preference for Crop Sensor or Full Frame, but I'm leaning towards Full Frame) so I can take my photos to the next level. I just have no idea of where to start. There are SO many cameras and so many of them have the EXACT same ratings as another! If you have any suggestions, I would appreciate the help very much! Sorry for the novel! Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11

DyraSan
Apprentice

yes, Bradenkr and ebiggs1 are right.

and recently canon launched a new camera for professionals. Canon EOS 7D mark ||.

Awesome experience.

Thankyou [link removed per forum guidelines]

@DyraSan wrote:

and recently canon launched a new camera for professionals. Canon EOS 7D mark ||.

Awesome experience.

Thankyou

@DyraSan wrote:

Awesome experience.

Thankyou

Er... You DO mean the 7DII?  That was launched in Sept 2014.  I have one, and great camera, but the 80D could arguably be considered newer tech.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements