cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wireless camera recommendations w/ auto-downloading to desktop of pictures

Bernardgill
Apprentice

After the Eye-Fi ceased operations a few years ago I have been searching for a reasonably priced camera, or wireless (I'll even settle for a wired system) sim card platform that will allow our church membership team to take new member portraits with the ability to seamlessly auto transfer the photo to the department desktop computer. We are currently faced with the time taking process of downloading the pics via cable and Canon's picture transfer program, which is a process that no one is adapt at performing outside of me. Help!

2 REPLIES 2

stevet1
Whiz
Whiz

Bernardgill,

You always have the option of popping the card out of the camera and inserting into a card reader that you plug into a USB port on your computer.

You said you wanted "auto transfer". Does that mean you want to transfer them as soon as they are taken?

Are your photos jpegs, or are they RAW?

What program are you using to view the pictures on your computer?

If your pictures are jpegs, and you are using Windows on your computer, there is a free image viewing and editing program called Irfanview. I use it all the time.

I am not familiar with Macs, but if you need a program that works in the Apple environment, maybe some can help.

If you want an instantaneous transfer, you are probably looking at Canon's EOS Utility software. Although I have never used it this way, I understand you can also use that software on your computer to do remote shooting.

Steve Thomas

Thanks for the information Steve1. I've been pulling my hair out trying to create a fuss free environment to enable the team to take pictures in my absence and understand that this takes training.  I used to take tethered portraits, but that was me. I guess I'm looking for a simple desktop connected camera (tethered or wifi) that the staff can just point and press the button and see the image (preferably jpeg) transfer to the  computer, much like they do at the DOT when taking your license pic.

Announcements