cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Taking photos of silver coffee pot

pfbm
Apprentice

What settings are used to take a photo of a silver or silver plated coffee pot set? 

7 REPLIES 7

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Inside, outside.... under what shooting conditions? 

What gear?

Think about it?  Impossible to make any recommendations based on your question.  Sorry...

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

You probably want a light box or shooting tent to control the reflections

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Syl Arena's "Lighting for Digital Photography" has a section on photographing wine bottles which would probably apply here.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"Impossible to make any recommendations based on your question."

Rick has a point.  Nobody can give you any suggestions without more info. If it is not just a snapshot one thing for sure you will need a good post editor like Photoshop.  So just exactly do you want to do.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@pfbm wrote:

What settings are used to take a photo of a silver or silver plated coffee pot set? 

I agree with Rick.  No one can answer that question for you.  

For comparison, it is like asking how far do I need to press the gas pedal in my car to climb up this certain hill.  The best [way] to [answer this] question is only experience will tell you.  Every car is different, as is every road, gas in your tank, and the incline and length of the hill.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@pfbm wrote:

The settings themselves will be the easy part. What will cause you pain is dealing with unwanted or mispositioned reflections. It may depend a lot on what kind of setup you have (off-camera lighting, softboxes, backgrounds, etc.) Since I don't do studio photography (and therefore don't have that stuff), I guess I'd start with bounce flash and try to grope my way from there.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

"What will cause you pain is dealing with unwanted or mispositioned reflections."

Photoshop Smiley Happy No problem.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements