cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Older FD/FL lenses/bellows

McDonald
Apprentice

Hi. Have some older specialty Canon lenses, especially a FL bellows unit and Macro lenses. Are these adapatable to modern cameras in the Canon line? Beautiful pieces! Fun to get back into this aspect again! Thanks

14 REPLIES 14

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Not easily.

wq9nsc
Authority
Authority

Film has made something of a nostalgia comeback with some new formulations being introduced so perhaps buying a classic Canon SLR film body (plenty of them on ebay) would be a perfect use for these classic lenses.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

It will have to be a really old camera, since the EF mount was introduced in 1987.

I remember! I bought an EOS 650 in 1988 to replace my AE-1.  But those FD/FL mount cameras aren't old, they are classics 🙂

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

Apple just explained the difference between"Vintage" and "Obsolete"

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201624

Sounds like they discovered what garbage the "beats" branded stuff was with their immediate obsolescence 🙂

The SR-500 communications console produced by Hallicrafters only during 1955, expensive as a new car at the time and very rare.  I completely restored this one and it is vintage and rare but fully functional and not yet obsolete.

RodgerB18T4485.JPG

Nice. I have a friend who is restoring the radio shack on the USS Iowa in San Pedro.

I am really glad to see that aspect of the old warships being restored properly, good for him!

Rodger

@wq9nsc wrote:

I remember! I bought an EOS 650 in 1988 to replace my AE-1.  But those FD/FL mount cameras aren't old, they are classics 🙂

Rodger

Were those the ones where the lens screwed into the body, or am I just showing my age?

(In my defense, I spent the film era in the Nikon world and had little exposure to Canon products.)

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements