cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie How do I post new topic??

klrdn
Apprentice

can't find link/hook to post new??? Please tell where to look.

14 REPLIES 14

SamanthaW

Hi!

Thank you for your message and for joining the Canon Community Forum!

Here's how to post a new message to one of our message boards:

1) Select what your product type is from the 6 options at the top of the screen (About the Community, Camera, Printer, Cinema EOS, Camcorder, or General Discussion). 
2) On the next screen you'll choose more specifically what your product is (for example: personal printers, office printers, etc... from the printer list)

3) Finally, on the next screen towards the top left there will be a "New Message" option. 

We hope this helps!

I am a new user. I am logged in -- I see my userid on the top line to the left of Sign Out.  But when I click Camera, I see only discussion topics and no means to create a new question.  Items 2 and 3 of your explanation do not appear.  I see this on both Firefox and Edge.  Any suggestions?

Capture.PNG

Hi rlabraham. It looks like you still need to go down to one more sub-category such as EOS, EOS Rebel, PowerShot ...etc.

Yes, I agree.  But I don't see that option anywhere!  It is not behaving as described in the top post in this thread.  From the 6 top level topics, I choose Camera.  But what I then see is what is shown in the image that I included in my first reply.  I see no choices for type of camera.  Ideas?

NEVERMIND!  I thought those were threads, not sub-categories!  I got it.  Thanks.

"Select what your product type is from the 6 options at the top of the screen (About the Community, Camera, Printer, Cinema EOS, Camcorder, or General Discussion)."

Is that the box next to the read SEARCH? My screen only shows About the Community, Category, Board, and Users.

Hi, pwrichcreek!

The search bar allows you to search the forum via different criteria. What you're looking for is immediately below that, as shown in the image below.

ForumNav.JPG

Hope this helps!

I followed the suggestions in this, none of them worked for me. https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Printer-Multifunction-Support/PIXMA-MX452-Low-Ink-Cartridge-reset...

That discussion has numerous replies, but none of them worked for me.

One gave very specific instructions:

1) Select what your product type is from the 6 options at the top of the screen
(About the Community, Camera, Printer, Cinema EOS, Camcorder, or General
Discussion).
2) On the next screen you'll choose more specifically what your product is
(for example: personal printers, office printers, etc... from the printer list)
3) Finally, on the next screen towards the top left there will be a "New Message"
option.

I get stuck on the first step; my screen doesn't show those 6 options. Mine shows

Community, Category, Board, Users. Which one should I use?

Thanks.

After posting the above reply, I did a search under category>how to post new topic. It brought me back here. Also, the instructions in step 2 say that "you'll choose more specifically what your product is." I wasn't given that option, it just went ahead and did the search.

I see there is a PRINTER option at the top of the screen. Since step 2 didn't give an option to choose the specific product, I tried doing the search within the PRINTER option. That also did not ask for my printer model, so I don't see now/why the search of new post would give any different results. It DID give different results but none of them addressed the how toi post issue.

It is ridiculous that we have to google how to do this!

Announcements